Hello, everyone. The long wait is over; here is our The Best Vegan Lasagna Recipe! Don’t miss out on the cashew cream and vegan parmesan cheese instructions on how to make them too! One of the key points in this recipe is the eggplant, as it brings excellent taste to the dish when roasted! I hope you will love and like this Vegan Lasagna Recipe!
camera used: Huawei p30 lite
For better video quality, please choose 1080p/HD
*Vegan Lasagna Recipe ft. How to make Cashew Cream and Vegan Parmesan Cheese
Vegan Lasagna Recipe
4 small-size zucchini-grated
400g of oyster/button mushrooms-cut in half
1 sweet pepper (red/green)-diced
3 cloves of garlic-diced
1 big white onion-diced
2 medium-size Italian eggplants-roasted and diced
200g of young spinach
4 cups/32 fl oz of cashew cream
500ml tomato puree–it should be added according to the need only
1 teaspoon of vegetable seasoning (the one you like/use all the time)
2 teaspoons of sweet pepper powder
Add black pepper and soy sauce for an extra taste
Vegan Parmesan Cheese (homemade), you can also use another sort of vegan cheese
Instructions for vegetable mixture:
1. Add at least 3 or more tablespoons of sunflower oil in your skillet, let it be heated up a bit, and then add your garlic, onion, and sweet pepper. Make sure the stove is in medium heat only. Stir them well, and cover the skillet with its lid.
2. Add a bit of black pepper and other spices you like; here, I added a mixture of herbs from Provence, France, and another extra teaspoon of my favorite local seasoning.
3. Add your sliced mushrooms. Should add no water; use the mushrooms’ moisture for cooking the dish. Cover your pan with its lid, simmer it for 2 to 3 minutes, and then add a bit of soy sauce to give it an extra taste.
4. Add your grated zucchini, stir and simmer again for 1 minute, then add your roasted eggplants. Stir, and then add a bit of tomato puree and 2 teaspoons of sweet pepper powder. Stir them well, and let them simmer for 1 minute, then set aside.
Note: The Lasagna vegetable mix should not be so watery.
How to Assemble the Lasagna:
1. Add a bit of tomato puree and 2 tablespoons of cashew cream to the bottom of a large 7.5×13 inch/19x33cm glass lasagna pan, spread them around evenly. Next, add 4 lasagna noodles (uncooked). Put around 4 or 5 large spoons of your vegetable mixture and spread evenly; add spinach, cashew cream, and tomato puree. Then, place another 4 lasagna noodles on top for the next layer and follow the same procedure; add rosemary or any aromatic herb you like, but it’s optional. For the last layer, try to use all your vegetable mixture, cashew cream, and tomato puree and spread them all evenly.
2. The oven has to be preheated to 250 degrees Celsius, put the lasagna in the oven, and lower its heat to 200°C. Bake it for 30 to 35 minutes-if; you like it more brownish and crispy; add 5 more minutes. Then, let it cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Add your homemade vegan parmesan cheese if preferred before consumption.
How to make CASHEW CREAM:
200g Cashew nuts-raw
4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
8 tablespoons of sunflower oil/coconut oil
4 cups/32 fl oz of water
Note: If cashews aren’t an option, you can use unsweetened soy milk/almond milk. Procedure for making it is the same. Commercial unsweetened cashew milk, soy milk, or almond milk; skip instructions 1 and 2.
1. Put your 200 grams of raw cashew nuts in a cooking pot, then add water; when it starts to boil, let it simmer for about 3 minutes, then drain the water.
2. Put your boiled cashew nuts into the blender, add 4 cups or 32 fl oz of water, and then blend it well.
3. In a non-stick skillet, add 8 tablespoons of sunflower oil/coconut oil, simmer it. Ensure the stove is in medium heat only, then add 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour. Stir it very well, then add the cashew nuts you have just blended; keep stirring until it turns dense and most water has evaporated. Then, transfer it to the blender and mix it once more until you get your cashew cream’s right consistency.
How to make the VEGAN PARMESAN CHEESE
2 and 1/2 tablespoons of hemp protein/flaxseed protein
10 grams of nutritional yeast
15 grams of powdered onions; if you like it a bit spicy, then go for 25 grams.
15 grams of granulated garlic; if you want the mixture to be a bit spicy, then go for 25 grams.
½ tablespoon of coconut protein (optional)
In a bowl, put all the powdered ingredients and mix them well.
Note: Since the mixture’s ingredients are all powdered and dried, it can stay for some time; make sure to store it in a dry and cool place, don’t refrigerate.
View original source video by clicking here